Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Market Basket Riverpark Festival Supermall



It was late Sunday afternoon when we went out for a family dinner. My mom who adores Pinoy food so much, chose Market Basket, which is located at the Riverpark in Festival Supermall Alabang. According to my research, Market Basket is owned by Hilario "Larry" Cortez of the Chef's Quarter Group. Would you believe  that this restaurant genius was a former security guard? He also owns Bossings, Chef Barrel, Kuse and Uncle Cheffy. 


Not only that, the co-owner, Chef Mauro Arjona Jr. was a former dishwasher in a restaurant where Hilario Cortez also worked. Isn't it amazing? Their hardwork really paid off!  Anyway, Market Basket is like a modern dampa. If you are familiar with it or seafood paluto then you may already know what it is. But since my mom isn't the adventurous type, we just let the restaurant staff handle everything. 



It was definitely a feast. We've had fried calamares, pork sisig, chopsuey, grilled tanigue and sinigang na salmon belly (not on the photo). Their pork sisig is one of the best I've ever tasted. I'm really not a pro in describing my gastronomic adventures but my Market Basket experience was truly splendid! 

0 comments: