Thursday, September 12, 2013

On The Job Training at Philippine Airlines



Philippines Airlines is where I had my on-the-job training. I was assigned in the flight operations department where pilots report everytime. I have learned so much from my on-the-job training for almost six months. Yes, it took me six months to finish it as I have to polish off my thesis requirements too. Some of the tasks that were assigned to me by my supervisor were photocopying and filing important documents(curriculum vitae, evaluation sheets, PAQB interviews, passports, CAAP licenses, etc), taking phone calls, encoding the pilots' information onto the system(check reports, trip passes,etc), handling flight exchanges at times, and assisting pilots in some of their needs among others. The opportunity to work with the PAL pilots was truly an amazing experience. In fact, I have made friends with some of them. Some are generous enough to give me delicious goodies from their travels abroad and I would always remember them for the kindness and generosity they have shown me during my stay. Being a pilot seems to be a very difficult task but it is a fulfillment for them when they get to bring all of their passengers to their destination safely. 
 

0 comments: