Friday, May 23, 2014

Alfalfa Sprouts



Eating pizza is one thing that I just can't resist. Obviously, I have got a big, big appetite and you can see that mostly on my prior blog entries. Anyhoo, this delicious-looking pizza is from Uncle Cheffy. I can hardly recall of its exact name but it's one of the store's best selling pizza flavors. Actually, nothing special about the taste but since I'm a heavy veggie lover, I really appreciated having this on my plate. It has lettuces, mushrooms and tomatoes. If my memory serves me right, it has alfalfa sprouts too. It was my first time to have some alfalfa sprouts in my entire life so I googled about it right after. According to Healthy Eating website, alfalfa sprouts contain certain vitamins and minerals such as calcium, vitamin K and vitamin C. Aside from that, alfalfa sprouts also help in reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease. In 1997, alfalfa sprouts have been link to E.Coli and Salmonella that may cause nausea, vomiting and abdominal spain so it's best to wash them thoroughly under running water for two minutes and allow them to dry before consuming. The alfalfa sprouts are best toppings for burgers, pastas and even pizzas. It helps in enhancing the flavor and adding up some nutrients. 










0 comments: